15525 Mendota Avenue, P.O. Box 416, Redby, MN 56670

Main: 218.679.3350 ┃ Toll Free: 888.404.0686 ┃ Fax: 218.679.4317



Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)


Finacial Assistance and Provider Registration 

What is a Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)?

The Red Lake Nation Oshkiimaajitahdah Child Care Assistance Program, CCAP, formerly Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program, is a state funded program that provides financial assistance to help families with low income pay for child care so that parents may pursue employment or education leading to employment, and children are well cared for and prepared to enter school. 

We determine eligibility for families and relative caregivers who are in need of child care assistance. Based on family's eligibility, we can assist with co-payments for a chosen child care provider. The provider needs to be registered, licensed or center based.

Services Provided

    Child care eligibility determined for children ages 0-12 years old 

    Assistance with registering child care providers who live in the service area of Redby and Bemijigamaag offices

Eligibility Requirements for Child Care Assistance

  • Be Income eligible

  • Meet employment and training requirements

    • Work at least an average of 20 hours per week (10 hours pet week if a full-time student) at minimum wage, or

    • Participate in job search, attend school or training classes, or

    • Comply with the activities of an approved Red Lake Nation TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) employment plan

  • Cooperate with child support enforcement for all children in the family who have an absent parent

  • Use a legal child care provider (legal providers include licensed and unlicensed providers, 18 years of age or older, who are registered with the CCAP Agency to provide care)

Requirements for Providers

  • Must be at least 18 years of age

  • Not a member of the TANF assistance unit or a member of the family applying for or receiving child care assistance

  • Not living in the same home as the child whose family is applying for or receiving child care assistance

  • Provide child care only to related children and/or provide child care to children from a single unrelated family at one time. Related refers to the provider being a sibling, step-sibling, niece, nephew, grandparent, aunt or uncle

  • Have current certification in First Aid and CPR

  • Have current certification in Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) and Abusive Head Trauma (AHT) training.

To Apply

  • Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) paper applications are available at both Oshkiimaajitahdah locations: Redby and Bemijigamaag

  • Legal Nonlicensed Provider Registration and Acknowledgement paper applications are available at both Oshkiimaajitahdah locations

Required Documents for Child Care Assistance

Applicants must provide proof for all requested information. This includes proof of:

  • Identity for each adult in your family - such as Driver's License, State ID, Tribal ID, School ID, Birth Certificate, etc.

  • Residence/Address - such as one of the above mentioned items or a copy of a recent utility bill, rental lease, mortgage document, etc.

  • Age and relationship to you for each child in your family

  • Citizenship or immigration status for each child in your family who needs child care

  • School schedule and program completion date for each adult in your family

  • All counted earned and unearned income and work schedules

  • Allowable deductions such as insurance premiums and child/spousal support paid

For more information:

Copyright © 2023 Oshkiimaajitahdah - All Rights Reserved.