15525 Mendota Avenue, P.O. Box 416, Redby, MN 56670

Main: 218.679.3350 ┃ Toll Free: 888.404.0686 ┃ Fax: 218.679.4317




What is Community Action Program (CAP)?

Red Lake Nation Community Action Program, CAP, offers energy assistance (EAP) to help families stay safe by providing assistance in paying for home heating costs and emergency energy related repairs for qualifying households.

Energy assistance applications are mailed by the Minnesota Department of Commerce in the fall of the year but can also be obtains through the CAP office.

Services May Include

  • Payment of energy bills

  • Help with utility disconnections or fuel deliveries

  • Education on efficient and safe use of energy

  • Advocacy with energy suppliers and human service providers

  • Repair or replacement of homeowners' broken heating systems

Eligibility Requirements

  • Meet income guidelines

  • Utility bill in applicant's name

To Apply 

  • Application can be picked up in the entry way at Oshkiimaajitahdah or 

  • At our office located at Oshkiimaajitahdah Adult Services (15809 High School Drive in Red Lake, MN)

Required documents 

Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration of services and assistance:

  • Completed application with all questions answered and the last page signed and dated

  • Social Security number(s) - for each individual listed on the application

  • Income verification -  copy of proof (pay stubs) of all income received in the last 1 full calendar months for each household member  

  • Receipt for last propane fuel fill

  • Current electrical bill

Contact Information

Phone:      (218) 679-3350, option 7

Location:   Oshkiimaajitahdah Adult Services Building (15809 High School Drive Red Lake, MN)

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 

  • What if I don't have a vehicle to pick up and/or drop off an application? 

 Call our office to let us know and a staff member can deliver an application to you and/or pick up a completed application.

Copyright © 2023 Oshkiimaajitahdah - All Rights Reserved.